The Academy undertakes the following functions:
- Develop general training and practical training programs in all fields of policing, security, and other supporting sciences.
- Hold police, security, administrative and technological training courses, whether theoretical or practical.
- Enhance academic and training cooperation with Academic and Police Institutions.
- Develop, conduct training, and qualify Abu Dhabi Police GHQ staff and other local and foreign government agencies in all disciplines.
- award training and professional certificates following the relevant legislation.
- Partake in the selection and appointment of the teaching staff, trainers, experts, and consultants in consistence with the conditions and qualifications stated by the Academic Council, taking into consideration of Abu Dhabi Police procedures in force in this regard.
The Academy includes the following organizational units:
- Director's office (department)
- International Partnerships and Cooperation Center (department)
- Deputy Director's Office (Branch)
- Shared Services Center (department)
- Department of Strategy and Organizational Development
- Translation Center (department)
- Department of Library and Scientific Research
- Physical preparation section
- Curriculum and Course Development Department
- Police Qualification Department
- Police and Security institutes Department
- Virtual Training Center (Department)
The Director's Office (Section) shall exercise the following functions:
- Manage and organize office work such as receiving correspondence, organizing daily mail, and meeting minutes, receiving directions from the Academy Director, and printing and releasing his correspondence.
- Organize interviews and meetings on behalf of the Academy Director inform him in advance and provide all related requirements.
- Receive the incoming correspondence on behalf of the Academy Director and submit them to him, delivering his instructions and directions to the concerned authorities and following up on their implementation.
- Coordinate and follow-up public relations activities, ceremonies, hospitality, and security media in the Director's office and the various organizational units in the Academy.
- Organize archives, Correspondence, and documentation at the academy level.
Participation and International Cooperation Centre (Section) undertakes the following functions:
- Activate Abu Dhabi Police membership in the field of training with governmental and international agencies, in coordination with the competent authorities.
- draft bilateral agreements in the field of training and follow up their implementation, whether with governments or with other international and regional bodies, organizations, and embassies, in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Supervise the participation in local and international events in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Supervise the implementation of official tasks and issue dispatch decisions.
- Supervise Abu Dhabi Police events, in coordination with the concerned authorities.
- Introduce and promulgate the Participation and International Cooperation centre Programs at the level of Abu Dhabi Police.
- Supervise the provision of an E-database, draft reports and prepare studies to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the centre's activities, identify development areas, and follow up their development in line with Abu Dhabi Police strategy taking into consideration the international best practices.
The Deputy Director Office (Branch), undertake the following functions:
- Manage and organize the office work such as receiving correspondence, organizing daily in/outgoing correspondence, meeting minutes, receiving directions from the Academy's deputy director, and printing and issuing his correspondence.
- Organize visits, meetings of the Deputy Director of the Academy, inform him in advance of the daily agenda and prepare requirements.
- Secure the communications, transportation, maintenance, and other services in a manner that facilitates the flow of work in high efficiency.
- Coordinate with various external parties and departments of the Academy concerning facilitating and following up on the implementation of the directives of the Deputy Director.
- Carry out public relations activities for the office of the Deputy Director of the Academy.
- Prepare regular reports on the work of the office.
The Shared Services Center (Section), undertakes the following functions:
- Manage correspondence and Communications Services at the Academy.
- Provide printing, copying, correspondence, archiving services to facilitate office work.
- Ensure the provision of financial and storage assets, documenting their movement and controlling them under the financial regulations, instructions, and storekeeping.
- achieve and follow-up the personnel as per prevailing approved laws, rules, and regulations and according to the scale.
- Coordinate transportation, maintenance, general maintenance, and other services to facilitate and sustain the practice of quality activities.
- Follow up on all matters related to the Academy's personnel affairs in coordination with the competent authorities.
- Follow up administrative orders and fixed instructions, and supervise the Academy's activities.
- Conduct the inventory and coordinate the Academy's requirements in terms of technical matters, devices, and equipment, and follow up their provision.
Strategy and Organizational Development Section undertakes the following functions:
- Follow up on the activation of the organizational structure; job description, and submit developmental proposals in coordination with the Academy's organizational units.
- Submit proposals to develop work methods and techniques under the requirements of quality and performance systems.
- Follow up on the implementation of the academy's strategic and action plans.
- Prepare and develop task and duties implementation assigned to the Academy through cooperation and coordination with other departments, sections, and branches of the Academy on the one hand, and the Center for Strategy and Institutional Development on the other hand.
- Adopt project management methods and techniques to follow up on the implementation of projects related to strategic plans and priorities.
- Coordinate and follow up the operations with the Development and Change Program Department in the field of project implementation.
- Follow up the implementation of policies, work systems and methodologies adopted by Abu Dhabi Police GHQ, and follow up on their development and improvement with the competent authorities.
- Supervise departmental excellence affairs and ensure that standards and indicators of excellence are applied and measured per the regulations followed by the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ.
- Supervise the Academy's participation in the various awards and prepare participation documents under the approved regulations and standards.
- Supervise and following-up on the application of quality programs, environment and occupational health and safety activities at the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ level.
- Cooperate and coordinate with the Quality, Environment and Occupational Health and Safety committees and teams at the Academy.
- The Strategy and Organizational Development Section exercises all its terms of reference in coordination with the Strategy and Organizational Development Center.
- Follow up on the implementation of the Innovation and Future Foresight Department terms of reference in coordination with the concerned department.
- Follow up on the academy's strategic indicators.
- Apply the Organizational Performance Management System approved by Abu Dhabi Police and meet all requirements for the performance management process at the level of the Academy and its organizational units.
- Prepare regular reports on project progress and submit them to the Executive Office in preparation for submission to the Executive Committee.
- Follow up on the academy's statistical process, prepare data and regular statistical reports, and submit them to the competent authorities.
The translation centre (Section), undertakes the following functions:
- Perform legal translation of agreements, contracts, legal documents, and training courses academic materials.
- Perform interpretation at conferences, meetings and for official delegations.
- Supervise the translation and interpretation examination procedures for new translators.
- Coordinate with other internal and external parties for sign language interpreters.
- Oversee the development of human resources (all translators) through the development of programs that promote continuous learning, development, training and stimulate team working to ensure the provision of excellent quality services.
- Develop work methods and use informatics and electronic systems to improve the effectiveness of translation following international standards.
- Supervise the development of the translation website in coordination with the competent authorities.
- develop a database and regular reports on the follow-up of translation work, evaluate its results, and suggest ways to develop them.
The Library and Academic Research Section undertakes the following functions:
- Supervise services provided by the electronic, smart, and paper library to the Academy's affiliates.
- Supervise the provision of support for research services to the Academy's affiliates.
- submit proposals and policing studies that consolidate values of transparency and the principle of accountability and responsibility, and confirm employees' commitment to work ethics following the standards of professional conduct.
- Seek the assistance of expert houses according to the necessary local and international fields in this regard.
- Supervise the labelling and indexing processes of electronic, smart, and paper libraries.
- Partake in committees, conferences and seminars related to the nature of work.
- Establish mechanisms and procedures that must be followed to preserve the intellectual property rights of researchers in coordination with the competent authorities.
Physical Training Section undertakes the following functions:
- Supervise the implementation of fitness programs and training plans approved under the fitness policy for members of police and security institutes, Police Qualification, and promotion courses.
- Supervise the promulgation of physical-fitness culture among members of police and security institutes courses, police qualification and promotion courses.
- Supervise the training of police and Security Institutes, Police Qualification, promotion courses, and promoting level of physical fitness.
- Coordinate with the competent authorities concerning nutrition, health, and safety.
- Supervise the implementation of physical fitness tests for members of police and security institutes, who enrol in courses, Police Qualification, and promotion courses.
- Supervise the submission of regular reports related to the courses of police and security institutes, police qualification, and promotion courses to the director of the academy.
- Supervise the application of security and safety standards on all sports activities, events, and competitions.
Curriculum and Course Development Department undertakes the following functions:
- Supervise the development and identify Abu Dhabi Police GHQ's needs for local and international academic and professional accreditations for its members, design academic and professional curricula and programs, and coordinate with other competent authorities to approve academic and professional programs and curricula.
- Supervise the developing training courses/programs effectiveness measurements before, during and after the end of training whether delivered locally or otherwise.
- Supervise the evaluation of training and curricula following evaluation criteria and prepare reports on results and improvement opportunities.
- Supervise the development and alignment of Abu Dhabi Police needs of certified trainers and retired experts based on the training needs.
- Oversee the development and preparation of a database and comprehensive information on retired trainers and experts and their specializations.
The Curriculum and Courses Development Department consists of the following:
- Director's Office (Branch).
- The Academic and Professional Accreditation Section.
- Efficiency Measurement Section.
- Curriculum and Course Design Section.
- Lecturers Section.
The Police Qualification Department undertakes the following functions:
- Design strategies, policies, and studies and training plan to meet the needs of the Abu Dhabi Police in the area of policing and security, and follow up their implementation in coordination with competent authorities.
- Prepare and qualify recruits to work in Abu Dhabi Police, using an approved framework of training plan and other relevant rules, programs, and curricula.
- Develop educational and training curricula and techniques and generalize the use of information and electronic systems in coordination with other competent authorities.
- Write regular reports on the results of implementing police qualification strategies and plans.
- partake in designing appropriate training programs for numerous courses, in coordination with other competent authorities, and supervising their implementation.
- Measure the effectiveness of training programs held in the department, in coordination with the Effectiveness Measurement Section.
- Develop work methods using information technologies in line with quality and excellence standards.
Police Development Department consists of the following organizational units:
- Director's Office (Branch)
- Education Section.
- Student Affairs Section.
- Training Section.
- Women Police Development Section.
The Police and Security Institutes Department shall exercise the following functions:
- Supervise the program plan of Orientation and Guidance in coordination with local and external competent authorities.
- Supervise the delivery of Abu Dhabi Police training plan, in joint action with other competent authorities.
- Supervise the delivery of training programs and plans in the field of Ports Security, specialized security training, Weapons and Explosives training, and follow up their delivery with the Training Program Delivery Section.
- Develop training programs and plans in the field of Human Capital, Leadership Courses, Technical training, and organizational Excellence, and follow up on their delivery in collaboration with Training Program Delivery Section.
- Supervise the development and organization of the daily confined training for police dogs to maintain their physical fitness to carry out fieldwork by parading, tracing, and detecting weapons and explosives.
- Supervise the development and delivery of training programs and plans in the field of training of Punitive and Correctional Facilities, Training in Investigations, CID, Crime Scenes, and the Traffic Training, following up their delivery with the Training Program Delivery Section.
Police and Security Institutes Department consists of the following organizational units:
- Director's Office (Branch).
- Academic Affairs Section.
- The Specialized Administrative Institute (Section).
- Regional Institute for Security Inspection K9 (Section).
- Training Program Delivery Section.
- Criminal Justice Institute (Section).
- Specialized Security Institute (Section).
The Virtual Training Center (Department), undertakes the following functions:
- Design simulation programs, virtual scenarios, smart training, and preparing lists of those who successfully pass the training.
- prepare a training environment based on virtual training systems and smart training.
- Design a database for virtual and smart training courses.
- get acquainted with the best international practices in the area of virtual systems, in coordination with competent authorities.
The Virtual Training Center consists of the following units:
- Director's Office (Branch)
- The Virtual Training Section.
- The interactive and SMART training Section.
- Design Section